The Shenipsit Striders trail running club sponsors a broad array of trail races from Spring to Fall:
- The New Year Fatass, which involves a 2.5 mile loop that particpants cover once or as many times as they would like over a 6-hour window, held at Valley Falls Park in Vernon.
- The Soapstone Mountain Trail Races, which comprise both a 24 km race and a “sampler” 6 km race taking place mainly in the Shenipsit State Forest.
- The Nipmuck South Trail Race, which is a 14 mi race that for the most part follows the Fenton river.
- The Soapstone Assault, which is a ~5 mi race or more accurately a supercharged hill workout around the base of Soapstone Mountain that runners have to climb 6 times.
- The NipMuck Trail Marathon, which is a classic old-school trail race taking place along a northern section of the Nipmuck Trail and that aims to preserve many of the qualities from the early days of the New England trail racing scene.